Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ashby, you continously amaze me - I love you!

The other day, a lady asked me when did Ashby start talking and I couldn't really remember. Now, I know I have something recorded in this blog but off the top of my head I couldn't narrow down a month. I realized just how important this blog has become for me and for Ashby to read later on in her life.

I have been keeping a list of things that Ashby has either said or done that is either terribly cute or memorable.

1. Anytime Ashby coughs or sneezes she likes to say "excuse me."

2. Ashby peed on the potty seat for the very first time two weeks ago and has no desire to do it again. She was very proud of herself and was screaming "Me Me Me peed."

3. Ashby has mastered saying "please" but thank you is far from her vocabulary. For some reason I can't get her to say or sign it.

4. First, let me say I am not a chef or baker. I have discovered through Aaron that Ashby really enjoys helping out in the kitchen so I am trying to make an effort to cook/bake with her. So, last weekend at Von's I picked up pre-made cookies, bag of powder for blueberry muffins, and cinnamon rolls in a tube. Yes, you read correctly - PRE-MADE. Ashby could care less and the mess was easy to clean up and we both felt like true chefs. The cute thing is that she couldn't keep herself away from looking in the oven and had a grand time boasting to her daddy about her desserts.

5. I have noticed at Stroller Strides that Ashby instantly clicks with some children and others she could care less. Since this age really can't talk or express their emotions I wonder how they determine which kid they really enjoy being with. The few Ashby has bonded with she really likes them. They hug and kiss after clas - it pretty much brings me tears everytime I see her hug and kiss a friend. So adorable.

6. Oh yeah, now I know why I wrote class down. During my team teaching Ashby had an EXPLOSIVE diaper - our very first one. As soon as I finished my second station I noticed a smell and then I saw poop coming out of her leg. Oh my, thank goodness I was finished with my stations and was able to clean her up. The rest of class she sat in a diaper and drove home that way. Why did I not have an extra set of clothes? I stopped carrying an extra set about a year ago. :)

7. Ashby loves fort play. Anytime, we want to encourage her to pretend and use her imagination all we need to do is build a fort. Daddy always talks about the forts he made when he was little. He is such a kid at heart but this is what makes him such a special daddy.

8. The TELEVISION - ARRRGGGHHHHH. I love it and hate it. Ashby knows how to turn it on which is not good. I am always working on finding the balance between tv on and off. Moderation Tara!

9. Oh yes, Aaron has taught Ashby how to say "Ta Da." After anything big or surprising Ashby says/screams "Ta Da."

10. Everything I say or do I have a little one modeling my behavior. Very important to watch my vocabulary now. :)

11. Ashby went through a two month spell of everything was "mine," "no baby," or "no." She is using those terms less frequently so I guess we are now entering a new stage again.

12. Ashby loves to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and say "Tickle Tickle" while she tries to tickle you. Her tickles kind of hurt because she really doesn't understand tickling yet.

13. I don't know where she got this from - maybe watching us adults while we are together but she likes to say and do cheers with our glasses while eating. Hmmmmmm...... not sure about that. :)

14. Yesterday, we asked her to point out a circle and she did. She knows three colors for sure and can count to 10 by herself. She likes to count to ten while walking downstairs and playing hide-n-seek. (Thank you Magda for encouraging us to teach Ashby to count)

15. Ashby is sleeping now but at lunch today she was playing hide-n-seek with her cheese. She would put the cheese behind her milk glass and cover her eyes and count to ten. Then she would find the cheese and scream "Ta Da."

16. The cutest and sweetest thing is that her new favorite baby doll is Cabbage Patch. Cabbage Patch was mine when I was little and it is so awesome that it use to be my favorite and now it is Ashby's. I love it when she says "cabbage patch." It comes out nothing like cabbage patch but you know she is trying to say cabbage patch. I don't know what I named the doll when I was little so I guess the name now is Cabbage Patch. :)

I love you so much Ashby and I am so proud of you. I gotta go get dressed before you wake up from your nap or I will still be in sweaty workout clothes this evening.

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment