A small recap of our family vacation.
Saturday - We were almost to Morro Bay but had to stop at Ashby's first pumpkin patch. She chose a VERY small pumpkin for herself.

Our goal was to camp in front of this amazing rock but the wind was crazy wild so we decided to stay at a local hotel. Aaron and I spent the evening watching and listening to 30 Rock through earphones on Ashby's DVD player. The room was so small that we had to pretend that we were asleep. It worked out perfectly and the view was breathtaking.

The Yakima on top comes in handy again. As you can see Ashby is a complete zombie in the back watching Curious George and I am smiling ear to ear because Aaron decided we would stay in a hotel versus camping.

Sunday - Hearst Castle - Aaron visited this place when he was little and it was a must on our trip along the coast of CA. The bus ride to the top was a little scary for me, Ashby's sudden bursts were a little bothersome to the presenter which in turn put us in the "comfort room." Aaron and I enjoyed taking turns watching Ashby while the other joined other tour groups. The staff was nice and understanding. I had a great time and if I could I would love to spend the night in the Hearst Castle with tons of friends and family.

Comfort Room :)

A typical scenario of Ashby's visit to her Auntie Julie's house - climbing up to be with her cousins Skyler and Owen.

After leaving Auntie Julie's house we had lunch outside of Sacramento and we were lucky to discover a play land behind the Mexican restaurant. Ashby's first circus rides - the Choo Choo and Merry Go Round were her favorite.


Three adults told us Ashby would be fine riding the helicopter ride - NOT. It scared Ashby to tears so thank goodness Aaron was with her in the plane. :)

Monday - Friday - We made it to Tahoe - YEAH! We had the entire number 7 building to ourselves - we were like the Shining family. Squaw Valley Lodge USA was perfect. During our four day stay we enjoyed sightseeing, eating, visiting museums, kid centers, playgrounds, and exploring.
Chillin at the Donner's Pass Museum

The Kid Zone in ????? (need to ask Aaron)


Aaron, Ashby, and I visited the only outlet Lake Tahoe has and of course I had to show Ashby how to throw rocks. It was going great until Ashby fell knees first into the wet mud. Hmmmmmm...... We stripped Ashby down to her diapers and shoved her pants towards the heater as we continued on driving to our next sightseeing spot.


In the village mall at Squaw Valley Lodge Ashby and I had to venture on top of the BIG chair.

Your daddy loves you so much Ashby and he loves being with you. Here you are lying in the grass and talking about rocks. So sweet.

Friday - Ashby decided not to take a nap in the car on Friday so we decided to drive straight through instead of stopping along the way. We preferred having her sleep in the car till 11:00 pm versus watching more DVD's in the car on Saturday morning. It worked out perfectly when she crashed out at about 5:30 and slept till 7:30 the next morning.
We visited the playground before our drive South on Friday but all the play did not help because as I mentioned there was no nap. Argghhhh... Me being silly at the playground.
Ashby showing Daddy that she can slide like a big girl.
Daddy being silly too.
Breathtaking - Pristine - Speechless
Ashby, we have more photos of our trip but your daddy has them on his iphone. Hopefully he will get them on the server soon. :)

Great post. KidZone was in Truckee.
ReplyDelete