Monday, November 19, 2007

Increase in Speed and Time

When I started jogging in September my speed was 4.7 but I have slowly increased my speed to 6.0. This morning I was able to jog two miles in twenty minutes. The reason I am hung up on "speed and time" is because I am going to register for the West Coast Road Runners which is a group of coaches that train you to run the Rock - n - Roll marathon, June 1st. On January 12th I will be required to run and depending on how fast I can perform will determine which group/coach I will have. I would like to be in the third group - The Marine which runs 9 - 10 minute miles. I am a little scared because I am use to running on the treadmill. However, at Stroller Strides I do get the opportunity to run from station to station outside.

Keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment