I do not think I am alone when I say this but sometimes I wonder what in the hell I am doing - am I doing anything right as a parent? Should I put her in time out or ignore the behavior? Do I push her to play by herself or should I play with her all the time? Someone once told me that if you can go to bed each night knowing you gave your children a 100% then you did your best job as a parent. I ask myself the same question nightly and for the most part I feel good but there are those days that I know I should have been more patient or put aside my 'to do' list to play more and be silly.
Ashby is definitely teaching me a lot about myself and pushing me to be a better person. I love you ASHBY JULIA FULKERSON!!
Ashby at 2 1/2 - one year ago - I can just cry looking at this photo. She no longer likes to wear bloomer outfits, shorts, jeans, or anything that she does not consider "princess attire." My little girl only wants to wear dresses and it does not matter if it is rainy, cold, windy, or plain nasty outside she will only wear a dress.
I have decided to give away a lot of her clothes but there are those few outfits I can't part with and this is one of them. I can't believe how much her personality has evolved and how much she has changed physically.

Ashby today - 3 1/2 years old
My thinker, artist, socialite, and prima donna. I love you so much.

I can't believe that little girl is gone forever. It makes me sad. Then I look at the photo of her at the Salton Sea and I'm filled with so much pride. This is my new favorite photo and I have it as my laptop wallpaper. There is so much thought and joy in that face.
ReplyDelete