Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ten on Thursday

1. Ashby loves "hammaburgers" not hamburgers. She loves cheese but not cheeseburgers - they have to be plain. Last month she ate an entire McDonald's hamburger and was very proud of herself.

2. Ashby is afraid of "shaky dreams" which are scary dreams. I have no idea how she started the term shaky but she is afraid of them. When she sleeps at night her head is completely covered and all that is showing are her eyes, nose, and mouth.

3. Roe's favorite song is 'Itsy Bitsy Spider.' He either enjoys my singing voice or the feel of my fingers slowing moving up his belly. By the time I get to his chin he is all smiles and laughs.

4. All big girls have 'scrabs' or Ashby's way of saying 'scabs.' As Mimi says, it means you are playing hard and that is a good thing.

5. I am running 6 days a week and slowing adding more miles/increasing my pace.

6. Aaron had a biking accident this week and is very lucky to be ALIVE!!!

7. The past two weekends we have left San Diego to venture out and see new places in California. This past weekend we visited Crystal Cove and had a great time. The beach had a restaurant so I could sip on a yummy Bloody Mary before playing in the sand. Further down the beach there were tide pools with lots of living creatures that Ashby and I explored. Our favorite was the orange and brown starfish. Not sure where we will be this weekend - keep you posted. Photos coming soon - waiting for Aaron to upload them to the server.

8. My new wake up time is 5:00ish - good times. :)

9. Roe discovered his fingers this week. His thumb and pointer finger together make his pacifier. I can hear him sucking on his fingers outside the door - loud boy.

10. Roe and I are buying Ashby a big girl swimming pool this morning and I can't wait to see her eyes when she comes home from preschool.

1 comment:

  1. oooh i want to see the big girl swimming pool! what's it like?? girl SIX days a week! that's incredible, how do you find the time!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete