Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas in Duluth

We left San Diego on the 24th and arrived at 4:07 that afternoon in Duluth, MN. Thank goodness our luggage, Christmas presents, and car seat were on the plane and we did not have to worry about lost items. Duluth is absolutely a beautiful city and since I am a warm natured person I enjoy the cold weather.

I was concerned the night before that Ashby was not going to do well on the plane because she was up from 10:00 - 5:00 the night before complaining that she was not feeling well. The poor girl has been sick off and on for about a month (joys of starting preschool) and she seemed fine so I just assumed it was nervous energy. However, Christmas morning I soon realized my little girl was truly sick so we quickly left for Urgent Care to discover that she had two ear infections. The doctor explained to me that children sometimes get ear infections after a cold which she had the weekend before. As soon as she started taking antibiotics she felt much better - thank goodness. I am just happy that we discovered what was wrong and was able to take care of it - thank you for www.babycenter.com

Poppa and Mimi's house was decked out for Christmas and the food was amazing. I had to restrain myself from eating to much but fortunately she has a treadmill so that kept me focused. It was nice just hanging out and not feeling like you have to go somewhere or do something. And since I enjoy cold and dreary weather it was just perfect for staying inside.

Some photos and video of our visit.

Waiting patiently outside Walgreens while I get her prescription filled. She had a temp of 101 - you can tell in her eyes she is not feeling well.



Ashby sitting with Poppa and Chachie in the black chair while the medicine kicks in. On this particular visit Ashby discovered that she could feed Chachie which was tons of fun for her.



Since Ashby was not feeling well in the morning we decided to wait till the afternoon to open presents. Ashby was a great helper!



Aaron ventured out several times to take photos and these are some of my favorites.

These two pictures were taken down the street from my parents house at the safe harbor.





All the roads look like this - so beautiful!







The photographer.



Three generations.



Ashby's first snowman.



Playing in the front yard of my parents house - gotta love the snow. I was watching Ashby from the living room and I couldn't believe my eyes because she just dove into the snow. I don't think she had any idea what was going to happen - she was surprised.









Okay, I am cold now. I want to go inside.



7+ Months Pregnant



Ashby loves to be read to, enjoys reading to herself, and recently she likes to create her own story. The picture is blurry but I had to post it because she really enjoyed reading to Poppa. (a video is coming later where Ashby is reading to Mimi)



Ashby use to sleep in the pack-n-play but now that she is a big girl she needed a big girl princess bed. Ashby loved the idea that Chachie would sit next to her while Mimi read her last book of the day.



Videos:



I like how Poppa is shoveling the snow and Ashby is helping by giving Poppa handfuls of the snow he just shoveled.



Reading to Mimi



Ashby's First Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment