Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ashby turned 3!!!

Has three years already passed? It seems like yesterday I was learning how to hold and swaddle her little body. I remember her first bath - my mom, Aaron, and I were all crowded in the bathroom upstairs in MN and I was reading the directions on the back of the Johnson & Johnson soap. Reading the directions? Pretty crazy.

Now my little girl or I should say my big girl is in preschool, making friends, and learning how to become very independent/stubborn all at once. She makes me smile everyday and pushes me to be a better person. I love you Ashby and I am so proud of you. Happy Birthday Beautiful!!

On our way to preschool - we were able to bring mini cupcakes and I later heard that they sang Happy Birthday to her during snack time. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall - I know she must have felt so special.



Ashby is holding her new book - a chapter book. I tried to explain that this book is for big big big girls but she wanted it so badly. I think a lot has to do with the fact that the front cover has a fairy on it and she is 'into' fairies currently. The amazing thing is that she wants us to read the book all the time and she sits right next to you the entire time listening intently.



Ashby was so excited about her socks - they are not babylegs but 'boy' socks. She kept saying "mommy I am wearing boy socks." She loved it.



Aaron and I picked Ashby up from preschool and went home to open presents.



All Ashby wanted was a computer - like her mommy and daddy. Well, she got her first computer and she really enjoyed it. We worked together one-on-one to help her understand the connection between the computer and the television.

Ashby and I spent the afternoon playing with the computer, watching a little tv, and organizing Ashby's new room.







Ashby waited patiently for daddy to return from work so we could have birthday cake!!! After the cake Ashby had to have a little "daddy time."



New Room - still need to hang a few things and buy a few things but the main furniture is in place.









Winding down - nighttime schedule - reading our last book of the evening in her big girl fairy chair.



Video of Ashby playing with her Clickstart computer.



Video of the BIRTHDAY CAKE AND SONG - a cute one!!!

1 comment:

  1. awesome. happy birthday little girl! alla would love that bed - ikea?!??!?

    ReplyDelete