Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Birthday and Valentine's All in One Week

Monday, February 11th, I celebrated my 35th birthday. Thirty-five years old and when I close my eyes I can see myself at twenty-five. I was starting my first year of teaching and I was a newlywed. Wow - ten years later I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful two year old and happily married to my best friend. I am a mommy who teaches fitness and a wannabee marathon runner (in training). I won't be a wannabee after June 1st and I probably will wish I wasn't one at that time.

I feel like reflecting on my last ten years of life so be on the lookout for a post titled "looking back on the last ten years." I am sure it will be a great read. :)

As for my birthday, it was awesome. Aaron surprised me by coming home earlier from a business trip and he took the entire afternoon off on Monday. I got some alone time while Daddy and Ashby surprised me by getting the car cleaned. We spent the rest of the day as a family and Aaron took me out for sushi (birthday tradition) while Michelle watched Ashby during the evening. It seriously was a wonderful birthday!





I love my husband dearly but he did a poor job of taking photos - they are all blurry and shaky.








Valentine's Day


It is a rainy day in San Diego so my Stroller Strides class was canceled. Ashby was so happy and proud of her Valentine outfit (thank you Mimi) that we celebrated the morning at Kid City in Balboa Park.

She had a blast and made sure to show everyone her Valentine dress and shoes. The shoes were making permanent heart shapes on her feet but she insisted on wearing them all morning. Also, the baby legs were an added addition to the outfit b/c it is actually COLD today.



2 comments:

  1. look at your long hair, hon, you look gorgeous! hope i look as good in 4 years:) happy birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Tara!

    Holy Cow! You two have been married for ten years already? How does ten years go by so fast?

    Speaking of going by fast...when is the marathon? I'd like to be there to cheer you on. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete