Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Dream is Coming True - slowly

I have always wanted to run a marathon and I probably have had this desire b/c I have watched and seen my parents run so many races growing up. I have talked about running and racing but have never actually did it - but I am now.

Yesterday - six miles through the roughest terrain EVER. I am use to this type of terrain b/c Aaron and I have hiked so much throughout our years together but I haven't jogged/ran up and down and with so much determination. Well, I should probably take that back b/c when we hiked down the Grand Canyon I was full of determination.

The terrain was crazy twisty bumpy yesterday and it was WILD but actually a lot of fun. :) I probably ran up six steep hills but I felt good b/c I am now running outside versus on the treadmill. Our neighborhood has a lot of hills and I am tackling all of them - trying to. There is one that is half a mile down and I can actually run back up the entire thing - of course I am completely out of breath and my thighs ache.

So who wants to know how quickly my group, Marine Corps, accomplished six miles in this type of mountainous terrain - 1 hour and 3 minutes.

I have been told that the more miles we add on the easier the shorter runs will feel. I never believed it but now I have to say two or four miles seems like nothing. CRAZY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment