Friday, August 17, 2007

Strollerstrides

I mentioned several days ago that Aaron and I bought a BOB stroller. I am really getting addicted to the darn thing. Ashby and I have been visiting a local park where I try to jog and she sits happily eating fish crackers. We usually end up at a play area so she can have some toddler exericse with other kiddos. Anyway, during our many jog/walks I noticed a group of moms working out together with jogging strollers and of course I had to find out more from a few of them. The moms are part of a group called Strollerstrides and it is the coolest idea ever.

Of course, I had to try it out so Ashby and I had our first class this morning which is free. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I got a great workout. It is a mixture of jogging/walking, stations that work on arms/legs, and you end with an ab exercise. There were a few times Ashby would start to cry but the instructor had a basket full of books/toys to entertain crying babies. And at the end while we were doing our ab workout the instructor read aloud a book to all the babies/toddlers. I was obviously impressed by the entire thing because I am a proud member of Strollerstrides. lol :) :)

Other cool things:
1. Two days a week there is a structured playgroup
2. Mom Night Out once a month
3. Classes are offered Monday - Saturday from 9:30 - 10:30
4. After the intense work-out you end up at a playground so the kids can play with one another.

FYI: If you join in the month of August the registration fee is only $6 compared to $99. This is the 6th year so they are lowering the registration fee for the month of August.

I know this is cheesy but I don't care. This is a picture of my BOB and I love it!



We have a BOB Ironman because of the break on the handlebar which comes in handy when Aaron is rollerblading with Ashby. Don't worry Mimi we did this picture especially for you. Aaron does not go fast and as you can see the surface is SMOOTH.

1 comment: