The weekend of the 19th - 21st was a special weekend.
Friday, the 19th
Aaron and I celebrated our 10th year by eating our favorite food, sushi, and watching a comedy show in La Jolla. I love comedy shows - just love them. I surprised 'my man' by changing my name to Tara Boone Fulkerson. Can you believe it? Aaron was very moved and was fighting back tears in the restaurant while I was all smiles. :)
Saturday, the 20th Grandie and Great Grandma arrived - still waiting for photos
I have some great ones of Ashby, Grandie, and Great Grandma picking figs from our backyard.
Sunday, the 21st, Father's Day
Aaron slept in till 10:00, visited the Balboa playground with Uncle Paul, Monique, and the kids, and ended the afternoon eating dinner at our favorite place, China Max. YUMMY TO THE TUMMY!!!! Thank you GRandie for a LOVELY dinner. :)
I love this photo Aaron took at Balboa Park - this park was one of the first we visited when we moved to San Diego. At that time Ashby could only crawl and now she is running, swinging, and climbing.
Aaron enjoys nothing more but playing with his girl.
Ashby had her first ice cream from an ICE CREAM TRUCK - I had mixed emotions watching her run towards the truck with her daddy. Isn't it awesome to be so young, innocent, and so excited about ice cream?
Aaron surprised us all by taking Friday off and taking us to the San Diego Fair - YEAH!!!! (VIDEOS BELOW)
Ashby's first pony ride.
Ashby went all out and wanted to ride several rides - you go Ashby!!! As for me, I am scared of any rides so I am just impressed by Ashby's bravery. While Aaron and Ashby rode rides I was feeding Roe his daily bottle. However, I did ride with Ashby on one ride and I was scared - I really was.
We promised Ashby an ice cream cone and cotton candy. She got both but to tell you the truth she really does not like cotton candy. I think she wants it because she feels like she has to want it - am I making sense?
It was an absolutely wonderful day and I will never forget it - thank you Aaron for such a sweet surprise.
One weekend day - Family Picnic. I ran a few errands this past Saturday and when I pulled into the driveway this is what I saw - my kids playing outside with their daddy - such a lucky mama.
Recently Ashby has gravitated towards coloring - she seems to really enjoy it and she is working on staying in the lines. She is growing up right before my eyes and it is freaking me out. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment