Things that Ashby has said that I can't forget:
* Roe has two mommies - Ashby and myself. Anytime Roe is crying Ashby has the solution - "Mommy, Roe doesn't like that song you are singing or Mommy, Roe likes it when you do this."
* I was explaining to Ashby that I was an elementary teacher - "Mommy, you have to go back and teach because the kids miss you."
* Ashby knows the difference between healthy and unhealthy foods/snacks. The other day I started preparing a snack but she got upset when she realized that I was preparing a healthy snack - "Mommy, I WANT A UNHEALTHY SNACK."
* Ashby was up till 10:35 this past Saturday because she did not want to miss the fireworks. No matter how exhausted she was she had to brush her teeth before going to bed - "I have to brush my teeth tonight because if I don't they will fall out while I sleep."
* We are now entering the stage of boy stuff and girl stuff. She told her daddy that he couldn't play the other day because it was only a "girls club."
* We have officially dropped the afternoon naps - hmmmmm.... However, it works out well because I have alone time with her in the afternoon while Roe sleeps and she goes to bed much easier. I was explaining to her on Saturday that she needed to take a nap because she was going to be up late watching the fireworks but her reply was "I will tell my brain that I am not sleepy - it is okay mommy I will be fine."
* Everything is "Mommy, it is fine if I am watching the DVD player to close to my eyes because you can buy me some glasses if I need them."
I love you Ashby - sometimes you are working an angle(but kids are suppose to - right?) and you are an amazing negotiator.
Roe - in a few days he will be five months old.
* smiles, laughs, coos, gurgles all the time
* loves loves loves loves his daddy and sister
* an instant fan of rice cereal
* enjoys napping and going to bed early
* putting everything in his mouth and his favorite two toys are: Sophie the giraffe and a soft book (it is actually Ashby's book and it was her favorite too)
* very big (20 pounds) and full of love
* rarely cries - always smiling
* very flexible and easy going
* enjoys bath time and especially when sister washes his hair
* laughs out loud when I act like the spoon is a plane or train - thinks I am the funniest thing in the world
* we are still working on you sitting up by yourself - so big that you fall over. :)
Roe, I can't wait to see your face when I start feeding you fruits/vegetables. YUMMY!!! You are going to go crazy with smiles. I love you BIG BOY!!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment