Aaron had a conference to attend in San Jose so we decided to join him and make some of the week a family vacation at his sisters house. Ashby had a BLAST with her cousins and thank goodness they are still "into" little kids. They were absolutely amazing with her - they played every game she likes - princess, pretend, fort building, hide-n-seek, and everything else a 3.5 year old enjoys.
Roe just did his thing - nap, eat, play a little, and sleep again. One day we visited the Morgan Hill Aquatic Center and the other day Chuck-E-Cheese's which was Ashby's first time. She had trouble understanding that her tickets would only allow her some prizes and not all of them. I explained to her that we would visit the Chuck-E-Cheese's in San Diego but she was worried they would not have the same prizes.
I forced myself to run each morning and it took a lot of mental effort. The runs were nice because the weather was cool, the rolling hills are amazing, and the flat roads felt great. Aaron's conference went well and I was able to attend a MT party one night which was super cool. We had a VIP table filled with yummy foo foo's and the best part was meeting people that Aaron has mentioned so many times.
I did not take as many videos as I would have liked but you will find a few below. I have a lot of photos to upload and hopefully I will get to that soon.
While Aaron was packing the car Ashby busied herself playing in her pretend tree fort. On the way back home from our vacation Ashby requested two things from her daddy - please build a fort for me and buy me some new fish for my tank. She was worried someone was going to take her fishies before we could get back to SD so she had Aaron call the store to make sure they put her fishies 'on hold.'
Ashby and her two awesome cousins playing dress up - one of Ashby's favorite games.
On Tuesday we visited a local park that Aaron visited regularly when he was a highschool student. Roe and I was having some alone time while the big kids were skipping rocks. I thought it would be a good idea to practice sitting up but it wasn't. :)
Roe has grown so much in the last week but you will find out about that later - in another video. Roe slept so well at Auntie Julie's house and I am not sure why but I need to find out. Anyway, on one of my visits upstairs to check on him I noticed he had his teddy bear tucked near his head - so cute. He loves his teddy bear - Mimi, didn't you buy this for him?
We left Friday for a camping site but I am happy to report that we spent both nights in a cabin/suite. Yes!!!!! I love camping but I need a pop-up camper to continue roughing it outdoors - kids change everything. Aaron turned 35 on Saturday so I was open to staying wherever he wanted but my husband is so wonderful that he knew deep down inside I wanted a real BED. :)
Friday we spent the afternoon in Monterey Bay visiting the aquarium and had a great dinner in Carmel Valley. We ended our day trip at the Big Sur Lodge which was super cool b/c Ashby was able to go swimming Saturday morning in a heated pool. The views and the Redwood trees were spectacular. Saturday midday we set off for Morro Bay and on our way Aaron spotted a Mexican restaurant (my husbands weakness - mexican food) so we went in for a mini snack. Aaron and I quickly realized that NO MORE RESTAURANTS are in our future - at least for awhile. It is just crazy to think I can enjoy a meal and relax with two kiddos - crazy times. :)
Ashby and Roe in the restaurant - Roe's first time in a highchair.
Can anyone understand me? I want some margarita and chips.
Morro Bay - our room - loved the tackiness - I really did. I just have to include this video because Roe looks so sweet playing on the bed.
I was not planning on including this video but using it as a tool to remind myself of a few things. As you can see I am including it because Roe ends up doing a few things that remind me of someone.
On another subject, after watching this video I desperately need a microdermabrasion treatment.
First day back from our trip and my to do list contains more errands than I would prefer. After Roe's first nap we left for Trader Joe's and Ralph's. Ashby is really good about getting herself dressed so I encouraged her to do it herself while I got changed. Check out my sassy girl.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment