Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Roe's First Week and Ashby's First Week as Big Sister

A rundown of our first week as a family of 4.

* Roe is 9 days old
* Ashby has been a Big Sister for 9 days
* The transition has gone relatively smoothly.
* The hardest part is keeping Ashby involved as a big sister but not crushing her spirit at the same time. Three year olds want to be involved but they forget not to touch the spot spots on a newborns head or think it may be a good idea to throw balls in the air while their little brother is sleeping in the bouncey seat.
* Roe is a sleeper and prefers to do just that - SLEEP the entire day and night away. His time of wakefulness is from 3:00 - 5:00 and other than that he is asleep.
* He only cries if his diaper is being changed.
* I love when he arches his back, rotates his head side to side, and pooches his lips out.
* I love how much Ashby loves her little brother.
* I am surprised how big Ashby seems to me now - she really is a BIG GIRL. Where did the time go?
* I truly feel like a parent - a mom - a family - how does one more make me feel all of this.
* I love being a family of four.
* I am surprising myself with how much energy, patience, and understanding I have this time around. I guess more confidence and experience.
* I am trying very hard to balance my time with Ashby and Roe.
* I love my husband and my two children. That sounds so cool - my two children.

Some video of Roe's First Week - not a lot of interesting stuff - a bunch of tummy time and sleeping but the grandparents love this stuff. :)

Bouncy Seat



Tummy Time



Sleep Time



The Trio



Big Sister entertaining her little brother



Mommy is Present with Ashby and Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment