Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mini Summary of February 13 - 15th

Friday the 13th Ashby and I had a Valentines Stroller Strides playdate at Point Loma. Saturday morning, the 14th, we went to Kidsville (Ashby's valentine treat - we would go wherever she wanted) and had lunch with friends. I went out for a two mile walk while Ashby napped and Saturday afternoon we just laid around and did much of nothing.

Sunday morning, the 15th, we decided to visit Balboa Park and walk around the cactus and rose park. The entire time I was at Balboa Park I was having painful leg cramps in the back of my legs and I did not feel right. As soon as we got home I took a great nap and was getting ready for a birthday party that Ashby was invited to when I decided I needed to call the doctors on call. I explained my symptoms and they said come on in to Labor and Delivery. Within an hour of being hooked up to the machine and noticing that I was having contractions every minute or and that my cervix had dilated to 3+ they omitted me into a labor/delivery room. Without going into all the details because time is so precious these days I delivered Roe at 11:20 pm on February 15th. He weighed 7 lbs. 9oz. and was 19 inches. The epidural took and I pushed Roe out in about 3 minutes. It was an amazing experience and one I will not forget.

I have so much more that I want to record but it will have to wait till later - differences between Ashby and Roe, Ashby as the Big Sister, and being a parent to two children (toddler and newborn). I will talk about these later when Mimi is here and I have more time. :)

Below are photos/videos of the weekend at Kidsville, Balboa Park, Scripps Memorial in La Jolla, Ashby as Big Sister, and our homecoming.

Ashby practicing her back floats in the tub. Thursday



Science Center - Kidsville





Balboa Gardens - Roe's Birthday





Oh, so HOT!!!



My one and only girl, Big Girl Ashby.





My Loves and one more coming by nightfall. :)



Hours away from being an official Big Sister!!!





Mommy and Daughter



Roe's Coming and Roe is HERE!!











Free Ice Cream for being a BIG SISTER!



Roe and I are at the hospital and Ashby is getting ready for preschool with her daddy.

















At home - Roe in the bouncey seat while Ashby entertains him. Gorgeous flowers from Grandie - thank you!



Hip Dysplasia runs in our family so Roe is off to get his hips checked and the results are negative so far - Yeah!!!



The Princess - taking care of a newborn and still being a good mother to a princess at the same time is hard work. I truly feel like a mom and an old one too. :)





Awake and Tummy Time



2 comments:

  1. been waiting for this girl...big congrats. ran by your house the other night and thought, oh i wish she were here so i could share this with her! miss you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you too!!! thank you for checking in - your wonderful.

    ReplyDelete