My running buddies and I started running at 6:30 Saturday morning and I did not stop till 9:45 am. My breathing, legs, and my whole body were in check but my mental was another story. As soon as we drove into the parking lot, I started getting nervous and queasy. The first five miles were really hard because I kept thinking negative thoughts (maybe I should just quit and sit on the curb). Thank goodness my friends told me to "chill out" and stay focused. We all help one another through the mental and physical rough times. Without my running group I probably would have said "forget it" several times.
At mile 17 my knees gave out completely and it was EXTREMELY frustrating because I wanted so bad to RUN to the end where my wonderful husband and daughter were waiting. It was just a Saturday run but knowing they were waiting for me made me that much more frustrated with myself b/c I knew I had another mile left. I ran/walked slowly the last mile and my knees were in AGONY. At one point I think I started crying but I may have imagined that. :)
Anyway, I finished in 3 hours and 15 minutes. It pretty much means my pace was 10:45 or so a mile. The next two weeks are going to be low miles - 8 and 14 but in three weeks we shoot up to 20 and that is where we stay till the big day.
To my husband: Thank you for your support and encouragement because without it I would not be able to do this training. I love you!!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment