There is no denying the fact that our little girl is growing up. It is making me feel sad and excited all at once. I started a list of things either Ashby has been saying or doing that either made me laugh or think "oh my" and I lost the list. So my memory says:
1. Ashby's favorite words are "No", "No baby" (she says this to ANY baby that gets near a toy she is playing with), and "Sit." (Ashby is either pulling me physically over to her toys or pointing to a spot and saying "sit."
2. I am not sure if I should grow her bangs out or not but for now I am growing them. So each morning we put her hair in a clip or pull her bangs in a ponytail. The other day we were walking across the parking lot at Target and she started pushing my bangs out of my eyes. So sweet!
3. Restaurants are getting difficult to enjoy but Aaron and I are learning how to manage. Currently, we enjoy a glass of wine while Ashby eats and if we really like the food we order to go. We do a lot of 'to go' now.
4. Oh yeah, Ashby loves getting presents in the mail. Each day we stop by the mail box before heading out to the courtyard to play (our small patch of grass). I usually pretend magazines are for her but I think she knows. It's a great day at the mailbox when we get a present from the grandparents or her favorite monthly book, Animal Baby.
5. She is saying a lot of words but what surprises me now is how they just suddenly happen - out of the clear blue. We were driving to Stroller Strides and she saw a plane and said the word "plane." The other day she signed and said "more." They know so much of what we are saying that I have to remind myself to watch it - especially when I say "asshole" because someone cut me off while driving.
6. She has become more out going with people she knows and strangers. We visited La Jolla beach this weekend and of course while we were walking Aaron had her on his shoulders. They walked past a group of surfer men and Ashby high fived all of them. All of them! I couldn't believe it because this is the girl who sometimes hides behind my legs in Gymboree class. Go figure.
7. Aaron and I have changed the outlook of our living/dining room and have officially made an "Ashby's Corner." I have decided that my life and its surroundings are pretty much for Ashby and especially since we live in such a little place I can give it to her.
8. No more highchair. Ashby officially eats out of a booster/highchair or at her "art table." It doesn't go as smoothly as I would like at times but we are working at on it.
9. I am really working on Ashby knowing and understanding "potty time." Did you "pee pee" or "poo poo?" The two big questions at the moment. What I find entertaining is when I ask her she starts this long list of people she knows that poo poo and it goes like this - "Mama poo poos," "Daddy poo poos," "Zeeb poo poos," "Mimi poo poos," and "Poppa poo poos." Everyone poo poos - I guess.
10. Ashby knows NO TV during eating time so she automatically walks over to the television and turns it off before coming to the table/art table to eat. Our new thing is for me to read books while she eats. I usually do this after we summarize our day.
11. As for sleep, Ashby is still sleeping well. Her naps are shorter but I guess this is what is expected but for nighttime she is still in bed by 6:30. Her morning wake up time is 7:00 or 7:30.
12. Ashby and I have been attending Stroller Strides for about a month now and she really likes it. She now knows who Andy or Feego or Brice are and she really likes telling everyone "hi" first thing in the morning.
13. I am very strict about "time out" and Ashby knows that she will go to time out if she is hurting herself, hurting others, or downright acting crazy. I usually put her in time out because she is throwing food all around the room or pushing someone. The funny thing that happened last week is that I gave her a warning while eating that if she continued to throw food she would go to time out - guess what? After eating she put herself in time out. I felt so bad. I explained to her that I just gave her a warning and thank you for being such a good girl. Love HER!
I gotta go but I think this pretty much summarizes everything. Ashby is growing up and becoming a little girl. She is aware of her surroundings, she is learning how to make friends, and understanding how to share.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment