Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Last Friday - 14 Weeks Pregnant

14 weeks pregnant and how many more to go? Whose counting - right? Every Friday marks a new week so Friday's will bring a belly photo and update. I know so many of you are eager to read about my health but mainly this is for me to share with the Luna Bar many years down the road.

So, why is my unborn child called a Luna Bar? Well, if you would like to know it happened at my first ultrasound. Ashby and Aaron were both watching patiently while the technician looked for a heartbeat and Ashby was really confused. "What is she doing to mommy?" Daddy answered, "she is looking for the Luna Bar your mommy ate in the car." Ashby thought that was a solid answer so we have decided till March our baby will be called Luna Bar. We have not told Ashby yet that I am pregnant so the code name Luna Bar helps us a lot when discussing the 'new arrival.'

This pregnancy is completely different from my first for many reasons but the main one is that I love to run. Running is apart of my life now and I will not give it up unless of course I need to for the health of our Luna Bar. So anyway, my doctors discouraged me from running which frustrates me because research shows that exercising while pregnant is extremely beneficial for the mommy and baby. I did take it slow during my first trimester by running only 3 days a week and never going over 3 miles. However, now that I have entered the second trimester I have picked up my mileage and this past Saturday I ran 4 miles. It felt GREAT!!!!! Now, I know that as I grow I may have to stop but for now as long as I feel good I am hitting the pavement.

There are 3 5K races I want to run in November so that is keeping me motivated and the fact that I want to run my second Rock-n-Roll Marathon in Arizona in December 2009.

As for Stroller Strides, my classes are going great. I told my mommies that if I begin slacking or if they feel their workouts are suffering to let me know. :) For now, I feel pretty confident that I am pushing them hard.

I have to admit that it is hard for me to put such an "exposing" picture of myself online but who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment