Toilet training may be easy for some families but I have found it extremely stressful. Maybe it is because I like things ABC and this potty training is so unpredictable. Aaron has been doing an amazing job stepping in but we are both experiencing frustration. I am crossing my fingers that Ashby catches on quickly. This lock down phase is no fun but it has been nice staying in and watching Ashby and Aaron play "fort play" all morning.
Okay, now to the update on the marathon. I ran with my "peeps" on Saturday and we ran 21 miles together. It was extremely difficult at times but fun because I was prepared. I ate a lot of carbs and drank tons of water during the week. My legs and toes are sore but what do you expect - 21 miles isn't nice on the body. I probably walked a mile of it - here and there. The total time was 4 hours and 10 minutes - give or take. My goal for the marathon is 4 hours and 30 minutes. 3 more weeks to go!!!!
I had a lovely Mother's Day with my little girl and husband. It was so nice just hanging out around the house and watching Ashby and Aaron play while I relaxed. Also, the weather was perfect - cloudy and a little chilly. I love gray days and especially when you are feeling content staying in doors. I slept during Ashby's nap and we ended the day by buying a new fish. It was Ashby's second outing without a diaper and we did not have any accidents. I fell asleep at 9:00 last night and it felt good to just lie down. My body is still recovering from the run on Saturday. Thank you Aaron and Ashby for a "perfect" day.
Big Girl Panties
Celebrating with Cake
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment