Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ashby

Ashby's imagination is growing b/c anytime she can put on her mommy's shoes and daddy's hat she is ready to play. However, this day she only wanted daddy's hat and her portable potty seat.



Ashby sleeping soundly in bed during nap time. Don't you love the purple socks and all the Aqua Phor she lathered all over her face? :)



Now that we have introduced "Sponge Bob Thoothpaste" we have to brush our teeth "SEVERAL" times a day. :)



New things Ashby has either said or is doing at 26 months.

* The other day Ashby said "Mommy, I farted."

* A fly was in the kitchen and Ashby yelled "No flies in my house."

* Everything is "My body Mommy." "Let me do it," "Mines."

* Pretty much every time Ashby pees she says she pooped. I know she knows the difference but she never says pee pee but just poo poo.

* Ashby loves to 'fake sleep.' Anytime we want her to clean up or to leave the house she says she is sleepy and closes her eyes. I have no idea where she got this from but I think her daddy.

* Ashby has now entered the world of "I love fries, treats, and pizza." How else am I suppose to shop or run errands without some type of bribery?

* One day a week Ashby refuses to take a nap and I have no idea what triggers this behavior but she demands to be out of her crib. She has climbed/jumped out of her crib three times thus far. :( I believe a mini bed is just around the corner.

* Anything that belongs to me or is mine Ashby wants it and it no longer is mine. For example, I end up drinking water out of Ashby's sippy cup and she has mommy's big water. A lot of the time this behavior happens in the car while I am driving so I can't really do anything about it. :)

* The coolest things right now in Ashby's life are Mickey Mouse, Curious George, and bubbles.

* Ashby and daddy visited Toy's R Us yesterday morning while I was at a work meeting and daddy splurged and bought Ashby several things that surprised me - make-up kit, barbie doll, three ponies, bubble machine, and a baseball tee set. The baseball set did not surprise me but the make-up kit/barbie doll did. :) Daddy's little girl!!!!

1 comment:

  1. tara i can't believe how big and grown she's getting.

    ReplyDelete