Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tuesday = Busy Day

Ashby has taken swimming and ballet. We are holding off on swimming till November because we are super busy with gymnastics and multi-sport. Both activities fall on the same day but what can I do?

Yesterday was her first day of gymnastics and I think she enjoyed it. She really wanted to see the 'big girls' doing gymnastics. I did not realize that until later in the day she said, "where were the big girls during gymnastics - I thought I would see them." I explained that all girls must first start with an introductory class. I am guessing we will do this one session and she will tell me "I do not need gymnastics anymore - I know how to do it all." This is what I heard after dance class - "I know how to dance mommy."

As for multi-sport she REALLY likes it. I am not sure what it is but I know it helps that each week there is a different theme. Also, the teachers are young and they both have such a great attitude and enthusiasm. Ashby did not want to leave yesterday and was very sad that class was over. I am guessing we will be enrolling again.

Videos of gymnastics and La Cross below. I am not sure if that is how you spell it but you get my drift. :)

Ashby is wearing the black leotard and waiting patiently in the background for her turn. Ashby followed the teachers directions perfectly because she knew to follow the arrows on the ground and the other girl behind her did not. As you will see my lovely daughter did not know what to do at the second set of bars because there should be MORE than one teacher in this program. But I must say my awesome and creative daughter made up her own skill. :)



Balance Beam and Ladder Climbing - I was happier here because the teacher started saying "good job Ashby." Ashby enjoys balancing on curbs so she really liked using a real balance beam. I wish they had time to explore the equipment or better yet 10 minutes of free time during the 50 minute class.



Trampoline



Red team versus Blue team - Ashby ran back and forth several times - very focused!! GREAT JOB ASHBY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment