Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Recap

I can't believe our summer is coming to an end and Ashby will be starting her second year of preschool. I haven't forgotten about blogging but finding the time is the problem. My goal this evening was to posts pics and provide a summary of our trip to Auntie Julie's house, mini-road trip after Julie's, Mimi's Visit #?, and our family vacation to Florida. However, as I look at the clock and it says 6:59 there is just no way this post is going to happen. For once I am going to have just the pictures to remind me of the event - you can check out the pictures at Aaron's flickr stream anytime - http://www.flickr.com/photos/roebot/sets/

For now, I am going to close this post by summarizing a little of our day.

We spent the later part of the morning at the park - Ashby and Roe were both swinging together - Ashby in a big girl swing and Roe in the little one. We decided to have our picnic at home so we all sat on the front porch and had lunch - Ashby had Mimi cheese, salami, celery with peanut butter, and a few goldfish. Roe enjoyed his yummy soy formula - still allergic to milk.

While Roe slept for two hours Ashby and I played princess, pony, read a few books, and watched a little t.v. Shortly after three Roe woke up and Ashby's new ritual is to climb into bed with him. Both of them played in bed together while I quickly performed a clean sweep of the house. Roe had bottle #3 while Ashby jumped all around us performing some show that only she was apart of. The next hour was spent playing on the living room floor - encouraging Roe to sit up - giving him new toys to play with, and somewhere in there I was still a princess playing with my little girl.

We are all exhausted from our FL trip and especially the crazy flight home on Saturday so an early dinner and bedtime was a must. Ashby and Roe ended up in the bath together - Roe discovered his penis for the first time today - he seemed rather surprised. The day ended with me feeding Roe bottle #4 while reading books to both of them. I tucked Roe in while Ashby brushed her teeth and tucked Ashby in bed - surrounded by stuffed animals, barbie dolls along the edge, and a few books at the end.

I love you two so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment