Friday, January 18, 2008

A lot of Different Things

1. We are moving - YEAH! Super excited because Ashby will have her very own yard and room. Ashby has been helping out by packing and unpacking boxes. :)

2. Aaron and Ashby have both been recovering from a cold that I gave them from MN. This is Ashby's second official cold that has hung around for more than a day or so.

3. Ashby has been giving us unexpected hugs and kisses. She is talking a lot more now. This morning I brought her into bed with us and asked her what does mommy need now and Ashby says "coffee." She said it in the cutest and smallest voice.

4. I taught my first two Stroller Strides class this week and I am loving it and Ashby is doing great. I thought she would be bothered seeing me up front but she completely understands that I am teaching. When I put on my shirt and hat she says "Stroller Strides mommy and teach mommy."

5. I have been introducing more cooking and baking to her in the kitchen and she does enjoy it. Even though we are only pouring contents from a bag and maybe throwing in an egg or milk she thinks it is baking. The best part for her is watching the stuff in the oven while the light is on. Yesterday we made pudding and the other day cornbread.

6. Ashby is interacting more with other children her age. I see her sometimes ask another girl to come play and Ashby will say "please come play." It is the sweetest thing and it pains me when the other child doesn't play with her. How am I going to make it through elementary school? I do not want anyone being ugly to my sweet baby. :) I know elementary kids can be brutal - BRUTAL!!!! I was a teacher.

7. It is always surprising to see how fast a toddler can learn to use a computer. Even though we have put away the snowmen and Christmas decorations Ashby is still fascinated with snowmen. She loves their carrot noses.



8. A friend of mine, Tanja, and I have both joined West Coast Road Runners to train for the Rock - n - Roll Marathon. We were timed last Saturday and we both made it to the Marine Corps group which is 9 to 10 minute miles. We ran three miles in 28.37 seconds. I feel good about it because we were able to hold a conversation the entire time and I was still smiling at the end. :) Three miles is a lot different than 26 but bring it on!!!!!!

9. My camera is fixed so I should have photos and videos galore.

10. Off to visit another instructors class and visit two cats I am cat sitting. Busy Mama.

11. Looking back a year ago.







2 comments:

  1. that's a picture of ashby on the waffle at northtown!! ha ha! we haven't been there in ages! love that you're teaching now - i'm so proud of you! wish i could train with you...you might have to come train me back into running shape come may. you'll be a STUD by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I forgot what a wonderful singer you are!

    ReplyDelete