Cabrillo National Monument
In our old days Aaron and I would take off on mini-hikes and sometimes big hikes every weekend. We did this in North Carolina and in Minnesota. We have both been craving the outdoors and have been eager to see more of California. So this past Saturday we took off for Cabrillo and enjoyed a mini- mini-hike. I should call it a walk but I like the word hike instead because it sounds more active and adventurous. The hike was intended to be longer but Ashby had enough of sitting behind her daddy in the backpack. She made it an hour and decided that was enough. We are hoping with repeated exsposure to the backpack that she will be able to withstand longer periods of time.
Afterwards we drove to Ocean Beach and had a great time at a restaurant that we cannot remember the name but know where it is for next time. It was really cool because it had a play area for children so the adults can sit and enjoy their food/beverage.
My favorite photos:
Ashby's wondering - What are ya'll doing to me?

One Hot Mama!

I love them!
Go to Aaron's flickr account to view all of them. Click here.
Sushi Fix Outing
Aaron and I decided that every Friday we would go to Sushi Fix to celebrate the end of the week. Sushi Fix offers 2.00 hand rolls and half off drinks. Ashby enjoys the rice and the jumping around.
My First Babysitting Experience
I had the privledge of watching Ashby's buddy, Xander and his buddy from England the other day. Ashby was not sure at first who this "new lady" was but she quickly enjoyed her company and did not want to see her leave.
Art Time
I decided that since I am a stay at home mom I need to begin introducing the concept of "art time" to Ashby. Through several ups and downs of wanting to use crayons on the wall or eat the play-doh we have figured it out together. Some cute snapshots of our art time at home.
The Yellow Hat
Ashby loves watching Curious George and one of the episodes focused on the man with the yellow hat. So Ashby and I decided to make our own yellow hat.
Play-doh Time
Ashby loves play-doh but she also wants to lick it. She might be like her mom and just enjoy the taste of salt. I don't know but I think I have finally made her understand "no licking."
The photos were taken this morning while daddy and Ashby had "art time." Her daddy made her a lizard and Ashby thought it was so cool. It was cool enough that during lunch time she signed "lizard" and wanted me to make one. Needless to say, it did not look like the one daddy made.
Simon Seal

i LOVE simon seal!!!! does ashby still love that book????
ReplyDelete